Alpha Brainwave Enhancement – Your Answer to “Now Why Did I Go Into This Room?”
The older we get, the more often we find ourselves feeling forgetful. Or perhaps you are young enough not to worry about that pesky problem, but you are having some difficulty learning a new subject or getting into your creative flow. The solution for all of these situations is to increase your alpha brainwaves. Largo Cream
While one particular brainwave pattern is no “better than” another, different brainwaves are associated with different functions. Stress impacts our ability to remember. When our minds and bodies experience freedom from stress, the alpha brainwaves have increased. When the brain is in this slower alpha brainwave state, it produces the neuropeptides and hormones that scientists have associated with improved memory, creativity, and the overall ability to learn. This relaxed state of heightened awareness improves our superlearning ability, allowing us to retain information with much less effort.
You can follow some of these tips to enhance your alpha brainwave and increase your superlearning ability.
1. While studying or working on a creative project, play music with a largo movement. This type of music has the tempo to move the brainwaves into the alpha state and enhance your comprehension. Google “famous largos” and you’ll find all sorts of results for Mozart, Vivaldi or other Baroque pieces.
2. Try some aromatherapy. Rosemary or peppermint will increase alpha waves and improves your ability to recall information. Rosemary is the remembering scent, enhancing mental clarity, concentration, memory, and creativity. Peppermint aroma is stimulating and helps with concentration and decisiveness. You can put one of these essential oils in a diffuser or even on a cotton ball and allow the scent to softly fill your work area.
3. During a grueling study session, set a timer and take frequent mental breaks. Close your eyes, breathe deeply, and visualize a pleasant situation (perhaps picture yourself being finished with the task). When you close your eyes and visualize, alpha brainwave activity automatically increases!
4. Breathing deeply improves the oxygen flow in your body in addition to helping you relax, once again boosting those alpha waves.
5. Boost your antioxidant consumption. Blueberries are a wonderful source of antioxidants, which help with brain function. The compound that makes them blue is also the compound that makes them potent antioxidants. The Alzheimer’s Prevention Foundation recommends eating 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries each day. A delicious way to get a good serving is to put a bunch in your smoothie, yogurt cup, or the really fun way, in your ice cream dish!
6. Reduce your stress. Chronic stress releases constant high levels of cortisol into the body, which impacts the brain cells associated with the ability to recall previously learned information